Sunday, September 14, 2008

Best day ever!!!!

Sorry about Naples, Rome and Berlin never actually being typed up. It will happen. At some point.

Meanwhile...

Mwahahaha. So, we were promised a 30€ rebate from the program if we go see a show on our own. Some combination team of Levi, Jackie, Kareem, and Anne convinced Shanga and Julie that this counts as a show. That's right, this. To be fair, they actually do have two shows, but it's not exactly the focus of the place.

Tropical Islands is basically a piece of the tropics indoors. It has a rainforest, a beach, a lagoon, gorgeous architecture in the styles of various warm countries, a tower of water slides, and a large spa section. All in freaking Germany. And we essentially get free admission, since a ticket to both halves of the building (spa and beach) is 25,50€. Oddly enough, the water slides are 3€ each, but I'm not too worried, considering the rebate on the admission.

I'm a little nervous about the spa, as it's required to be naked in the saunas and steam rooms. You might get a fluffy white towel; I am unsure about this. The spa has various skin treatments (mud, scrubby salt) for 4,50€ or 5,50€. It's a bit to pay, but, an actual skin treatment in an actual spa? I repeat, an actual skin treatment in an actual spa? The prices of the massages aren't listed online, so I probably won't get one of those, but...this is going to be so great.

I want this.

You have no idea how pleased with this I am. I love warm beachy places. That day on Capri was magic. Last time I was in Hawaii, I spent the last two days saying, "And you're sure we have to go home?" Why do I go to school in Seattle? Why did I decide to do study abroad in Berlin? Mmmm. No idea. (Haha, can't you just see me trying to sunbathe and swim in Lake Washington?)

I just can't decide what to take with me!

No comments: